Sign in to follow this  
Twenty5

Island Thingy

when i loaded up island thingy the first issue i ran into is it will only load on the left monitor (i'm running 3). 

EazyRed and i tried to join a game together but the join game lobby was always empty regardless of which of us was currently hosting a game.

the ocean sounds seemed to get louder the farther inland i went.

i clipped into a couple of hill sides

0245029FB5BCD605CFCA67AE85EFB7C14217B35F

Edited by Twenty5

2 minutes ago, Twenty5 said:

when i loaded up island thingy the first issue i ran into is it will only load on the left monitor (i'm running 3). 

That's an issue with video settings, currently there is additionally no way to set quality or otherwise. We'll get that setup with the next patch when we implement the options menu and video settings.

EazyRed and i tried to join a game together but the join game lobby was always empty regardless of which of us was currently hosting a game.

I think that's actually a bug with our Steamworks integration, because if you restart the game it works normally. We'll push a hotfix and test that in the next patch. If you could get anymore specific information on why that happens, that would help us narrow it down immensely.

the ocean sounds seemed to get louder the farther inland i went.

That's weird... can you check that a little more? Like where it specifically does this? Might just be as something as simple as moving the sound effect generators.

i clipped into a couple of hill sides

Currently the collision models for the "cliff rock" models/meshes are poor. It looks like the mesh developer simply didn't put effort into updating the collisions. Can you test this further and let me know if you ever clip below environment WITHOUT a "cliff rock" model underneath you? Otherwise it doesn't appear that you're clipping through the terrain itself, only the grass and tree environment... so it might just be a matter of us double checking that all the grass/trees are properly aligning with the terrain. I'll double check this for the next patch.

restarted steam and could join hosted games.

figured out the "ocean" sounds that got really loud was actually just the wind, maybe tweak down the bass level on it or intensity just a little since being in trees the wind wouldn't be as intense as it is on the open beach.

as far as the clipping is concerned i didn't run into any more of those locations so i think you're right about it just being a mesh thing.

I'm interested in helping out with this project. I'm mostly a writer and project assistant/researcher. let me know If I can be of any help.