Sign in to follow this  
Rokke214

Space Station 13

3 posts in this topic

Anyone every heard of the game Space Station 13? 

Its a 2D game with a sort of similar look to iron armada. The game is on a shitty engine called Byond. Its an extremely in depth space game that has been built and coded completely by the community. Each server has its own set of coders making each server unique. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Main_Page This link has lots of info on the gameplay and what to expect. The community is extremely toxic but the coders and community has somehow been able to create in depth atmospheric, medical, and power systems that are far more advanced than any other games Ive played. I'm not a veteran member of this community but it seems like this game could be something that this community would enjoy. 

The goal of the game is to keep a space station running. Its a multiplayer game where each player has a job. The jobs range from Captain to janitor but each role is essential to the station. A round of the game takes about 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the server you choose.  Each round a few players are chosen to be antagonists who are given tasks. Some range from blowing up the station while others involve assassinations. I'd urge you guys to at least take a look at the game because its something you'll never find anywhere else. The game has been around for a long time but the server coders add features constantly. This guy gives a good summary of everything I just said.

• Like 1

Holy shit i used to play that shit a lot, i used to get banned from a lot of servers because i used to make a bomb from heated plasma tanks and a oxygen tank, stick a timer or remote signal sender thing. Bing bang bosh you get yourself a bomb it is way more complicated than that i used to that so much i pretty much remember the recipe.

Basically if you have the knowledge to play this game from experience then that is a huge advantage as you know how to make certain things like stun gloves if you get some gloves,wire and a power cell you can combine them to make stun gloves so whoever you punch they have a chance to be stunned, not as effective as a stun baton but good as you are going to get.

That game is so detailed you could make a flame thrower if you have the knowledge or blow up the reactor crystal if you have the knowledge(No skill to it really just put a hazmat suit and mess with the wires in the reactor room) i am what you could call a veteran or a OG SS13 player.

On 1/19/2017 at 1:06 AM, Rokke214 said:

Anyone every heard of the game Space Station 13? 

Its a 2D game with a sort of similar look to iron armada. The game is on a shitty engine called Byond. Its an extremely in depth space game that has been built and coded completely by the community. Each server has its own set of coders making each server unique. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Main_Page This link has lots of info on the gameplay and what to expect. The community is extremely toxic but the coders and community has somehow been able to create in depth atmospheric, medical, and power systems that are far more advanced than any other games Ive played. I'm not a veteran member of this community but it seems like this game could be something that this community would enjoy. 

The goal of the game is to keep a space station running. Its a multiplayer game where each player has a job. The jobs range from Captain to janitor but each role is essential to the station. A round of the game takes about 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the server you choose.  Each round a few players are chosen to be antagonists who are given tasks. Some range from blowing up the station while others involve assassinations. I'd urge you guys to at least take a look at the game because its something you'll never find anywhere else. The game has been around for a long time but the server coders add features constantly. This guy gives a good summary of everything I just said.

Btw it can take like 5 mins if some one just messes around at engineering or atmospherics or if the captain is like fuck it and calls the shuttle or the HOP.