TAB

About serious honest youtubers

7 posts in this topic

I saw the Total Rant about honest youtubers and all that and thought a thread with suggestions about which youtubers are good, honest, serious, and loyal about their reviews. If I understood correctly, and BD42 actually wants to know who is credible. 

I have a suggestion. (Kind of why I started this thread, and because I couldn't find one already even though I looked for 10 seconds):
SideStrafe - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDWurJHZTipqIsRhaC9FdXQ 

This is a guy I really like. Because I find him very detailed and focused on the small stuff when he checks out a game. I don't know for a fact that he isn't pushed around by studios, but he is honest and points out the negatives. Sometimes bluntly and straight forward, really direct if something isn't up to code and needs tuning or work. He is a guy I would trust if I was looking for a review on a game.

Again, I don't know if BD42 really actually asked for youtubers to check out, but if he was SideStrafe is worth checking out.

PS: You should add BD42, Bluedrake and Bluedrake42 to this dictionary 

- Mvh Mike

• Like 2

I think the most 'honest' games critic I know is Jim Sterling. The guy has been fighting against shitty buisness practices for who knows how long, but his writing style and artistic analysis in the actual reviews is not very interesting in my opinion. 

My favourite reviewers are "Writing on Games" and "hbomberguy".  Both focus a lot on in-depth artistic analysis of games. Hbomberguy has made documentary-lenght reviews/analyis of Fallout and Bloodborne. 

The only one that I watch that isn't Bluedrake is Bigfry.... and I found Bigfry through Bluedrake so that ain't too helpful. 

Lol! Honestly, if I could afford games and stuff, I would give my honest opinion and wouldn't be able to be bought like some of the other YouTubers I have seen... BD42 and maybe one other (name slipps my mind at the moment) would be my trustworthy sources though. 

Level1Techs -> It's more tech and tech policy related, but covers everything from benchmarking to system setups etc. Very Very good channel, particularly Wendell.

Thunderf00t is another that comes to mind. This is mainly tech related too. But he has been getting rather clickbaity recently.

Other than that have a look through my subscriptions list:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRQBV-gWzUquf1XPXwigFgw/channels

They are all very good

Edited by catsay
Link Fix

not sure if this falls under the honest and trustworthy...but there is a guy named "Sausage Fingers" that reviews Hellion and is funny as shit. he is not a clown like so many others, he just just hilarious (I think unintentionally sometimes). His commentary while trying to learn to dock and just learn to play Hellion is priceless. He seems genuine enough for me.