Alex Rodrigues

Should we be more open ?

9 posts in this topic

Ok so I am both a PC and Console gamer in the console world I am part of serveral military simulation groups that would love a community like this however the fact that this community is just a PC based community I beilive is limiting to us and unfair to those on console who would love to be apart of this great community I beilive we should Open this community into the console realism community's and let enjoy what we have here I would love to hear your opinions on this. Please comment and debate.

Im pretty sure the fact we're a PC based community is because that's... the point? I understand where you're coming from but console games arent really the focus of this community.

• Like 3

I am sure that there are a very few and not very good amount of actually kinda realistic military sims, well except for R6:Vegas and Some tom clancy games plus modding is hard for console as in distribution put PS4 and XBOX ONE has fixed this but there are no newer games with mod support On these platforms plus PS4 has censored certain mods which they decide that they don't want on the mod hub finder thing-a-ma-jig so yeah PC master , that is about it i have just mad Evans post way more complicated i just want that post counter to go up 

Don't really mean to imply the "PC Master Race" type of deal-io here but in regards to games that are on the PC they are superior in every way shape or form. Unless they are merely bad ports from their original console versions. In reality there are not many "Console Reality" type of video games unless you count WarThunder as one which once more is on the PC, games such as Destiny or Halo don't really offer the realism to a person that would play Arma or Insurgency for instance. Not to mention the limiting factor of the consoles in actually creating a GOOD realism type of game on the console, physics, GPU power, CPU power and overall power of the console are the limiting factor to those games or at least one would assume.

Short words: Console need to offer realism games for there to actually be a realism game.

P.S. Feel free to correct me and plop down some games that are realistic.

1 hour ago, N0VA said:

Don't really mean to imply the "PC Master Race" type of deal-io here but in regards to games that are on the PC they are superior in every way shape or form. Unless they are merely bad ports from their original console versions. In reality there are not many "Console Reality" type of video games unless you count WarThunder as one which once more is on the PC, games such as Destiny or Halo don't really offer the realism to a person that would play Arma or Insurgency for instance. Not to mention the limiting factor of the consoles in actually creating a GOOD realism type of game on the console, physics, GPU power, CPU power and overall power of the console are the limiting factor to those games or at least one would assume.

Short words: Console need to offer realism games for there to actually be a realism game.

P.S. Feel free to correct me and plop down some games that are realistic.

Realistic games no there are far and few that are console only 

however games like battlefield 4 have HUGE communities of military simulations that try to make the game realistic i.e. On Bf4 your two teams will use the vehicles correctly with the correct terminology and the troops will be kitted out as much as possible to imitate real life soldiers.

my point is that there are people out there that thanks to bluedrakes42 youtube channel  want to join our community only to be left out this could be solved simply by buying  a server on bf4 for these Milsim players to use or using their servers to host events ect 

I think it's a good thought, but I don't know of many realism games on console. If you take a look at the websites game page, they're almost entirely PC exclusives, I'm not saying that this is a 'PC only' community. Rather it's focus is on PC like you stated.

Some of the games I see viable as realism would be the Tom Clancy games, so stuff like R6, Ghost Recon, and other titles. Along with games like America's Army, and Breach (two games that I don't know the status of at the moment). Other games I think would be good for community-based console players, but aren't fully realism based are Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Planetside 2, and L4D/L4D2. 

The main problem I see is communication. On PC, you have loads of choices for communication; Steam, Discord, Teamspeak, Skype. On console you're restricted, in more ways then just communication. Although that's not to say it'd make it impossible.

Edited by Ethik
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2016 at 1:11 AM, Alex Rodrigues said:

my point is that there are people out there that thanks to bluedrakes42 youtube channel  want to join our community only to be left out this could be solved simply by buying  a server on bf4 for these Milsim players to use or using their servers to host events ect 

You could always do these people a favour and explain to them the clear benefits of getting a PC. N0VA may not mean to imply PC Master Race, but I am certainly going to. There is no quantifiable metric where a console beats a PC, it's cheaper, the games are cheaper, the graphics are better, our "exclusives" are both more numerous and higher rated. Instead of Bluedrake spending money on a console server, perhaps the console players can sell their consoles and put the money towards the objectively better gaming platform.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lambert2191 said:

You could always do these people a favour and explain to them the clear benefits of getting a PC. N0VA may not mean to imply PC Master Race, but I am certainly going to. There is no quantifiable metric where a console beats a PC, it's cheaper, the games are cheaper, the graphics are better, our "exclusives" are both more numerous and higher rated. Instead of Bluedrake spending money on a console server, perhaps the console players can sell their consoles and put the money towards the objectively better gaming platform.

That's a fair point too, but there's plenty of games that are more realism focused that don't require renting servers.

• Like 1

I seem to agree with the general consensus of the thread, console games just don't offer that same sort of realism that this community is built on.