Thundr_pry_brd

Project Reality Battlefield 1942 Servers?

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I was just wondering whether anyone still played project reality 1942, the Battlefield 1942 mod by bluedrake's developing team. Because the game is not capable of singleplayer (adding AI into a game will make it crash except a select few maps). So I need real players to play against.

Any servers out there for the Mod?

Or anyone want to play with me?

Thanks

Hi grim,

This is the Mod PR1942 right?

Could I have the IP Address of your server, or would you like me to start one?

Good to see the game isn't dead yet.

Edited by Thundr_pry_brd

4 hours ago, Evan Darksky said:

PR1942 is discontinued. You wont find any game servers running it.

Evan it isn't discontinued per say. We still host the server for the download client, we wouldn't be hosting that if we didn't intend to revitalize the project at some point. Currently we just have too many things to finish up first (one of which was finishing this forum) before we can begin supporting BF1942 again. However I have no reason to not do that again. If anyone ever wants to start hosting for it themselves, we still have all the required files to allow that. Including the Mumble configurations.

• Like 3

Well yeah, I meant discontinued more in that sense. "We arent actively doing anything with it and i never see any servers for it".

Games can still be run locally though, for small up to sixteen player games, no fancy servers are necessary, we just need a willing playerbase to play the game. Getting at least eight players together to play a game would honestly be enough to play a good game.

• Like 1

This thread is about PR1942 right? What about galactic conquest? Anyone still wanting to play that?